What is Alzheimer’s Adult Day Care?
- An organized program of activities for adults who need supervision.
- Activities specifically planned for dementia clients which includes:
- reminiscence therapy
- pet therapy
Alzheimer’s Outreach Center’s services are available to relieve the caregiver of their responsibilities for the day while ensuring that the care recipient will still receive the proper care in a safe, friendly environment.
What Services Do We Provide?
- Adult day care for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease or a related dementia, 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, from 10am until 3pm.
- In-home Respite Care for caregivers who are providing care to people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease or a related dementia.
- Support group for those in early stage dementia who are learning to deal with their diagnosis.
- Support group for caregivers who are providing care to someone who is diagnosed with dementia.
IN-HOME RESPITE CARE
- Certified Nursing Assistants available one or two times a week to assist with personal care needs and daily living activities.
- Hours are Monday through Friday; from 8am until 5pm.Community education for individuals and groups who want to know what dementia is and how to deal with it.
Good Candidates for Alzheimer’s Adult Day Care:
- Can benefit from the friendship and functional assistance a day care center offers.
- May be cognitively challenged but do not require 24-hour supervision.
- Are in the early stages of Alzheimer’s Disease or other related dementia.
- Are mobile, with the possible assistance of a cane, walker, or wheelchair.