What is Alzheimer’s Adult Day Care?
- An organized program of activities for adults who need supervision.
- Activities specifically planned for dementia clients which includes:
- reminiscence therapy
- pet therapy
Alzheimer’s Outreach Center’s services are available to relieve the caregiver of their responsibilities for the day while ensuring that the care recipient will still receive the proper care in a safe, friendly environment.
What Services Do We Provide?
- Adult day care for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease or related dementia, 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, from 10 am until 3 pm.
- Support group for caregivers who are providing care to someone who is diagnosed with dementia.
Good Candidates for Alzheimer’s Adult Day Care:
- Can benefit from the friendship and functional assistance a day care center offers.
- May be cognitively challenged but do not require 24-hour supervision.
- Are in the early stages of Alzheimer’s Disease or other related dementia.
- Are mobile, with the possible assistance of a cane, walker, or wheelchair.